Altschul Champions for PRSSA Outstanding Internship Award
Deadline: September 12, 2014
Award: $300 and a certificate
The award check will be payable to the winner’s university for use on his or her behalf, and can only be used to directly fund the winner’s educational pursuits.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate education in public relations.
- Complete a professional internship between September 2013 and August 2014.
- Be a PRSSA member in good standing.
You need to submit the following materials to apply for this award:
- A typed, completed application form (Word or PDF).
- A letter of recommendation from your internship supervisor.
- A letter of recommendation from your PRSSA Faculty Adviser.
- A typed 1,000 to 1,200 word essay describing the internship experience and addressing each of the following subjects in the order stated:
- Organization sponsoring internship.
- Internship supervisor.
- Period of internship.
- Internship responsibilities.
- Results achieved.
- What you learned.
- Value of internship to studies and future career.
Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. All application materials must be received at PRSSA Headquarters (not just postmarked) by September 12, 2014. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
PRSSA — Altschul Internship Award
33 Maiden Lane, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10038
About b j Altschul, APR
Professor b j Altschul, APR, is a highly respected practitioner and educator who is a long-time member of PRSA and the Champions for PRSSA. She has a special interest in PRSSA and public relations education.
- 2013 Cody Nichelson, University of Georgia
- 2012 Lauren Stahl, Ohio Northern University
- 2011 Carly Nash, University of Georgia
- 2010 Amanda Stageman, Marquette University
- 2009 Sarah Elizabeth Norton, Belmont University
- 2008 Monica Fineis, Michigan State University
- 2007 Rebecca Timms, Rowan University
- 2006 Melissa Csuhran, Ohio Northern University
- 2005 Melissa Tanguay, American University
- 2004 Sarah Yeaney, Pennsylvania State University
- 2003 Tamar G. Meguerditchian, Loyola University New Orleans